Flooding and Carpet Restoration
A1 Expert Cleaning specialises in all types of flood restoration. Auckland flood recovery, eg faulty plumbing, broken appliances, wet weather, etc.
Even though your carpets have been exposed to water, they can often be restored and may not require replacement, however it will require a special treatment.
Our approach to flood damage begins with the extraction of water using our high-powered truck mounted machines.
Sometimes the carpets need to be uplifted and the underlay removed, cleaned and dried. We then apply a special sanitising agent to kill mould and bacteria.
A1 Expert Cleaning has a large quantity of professional dehumidifiers and air drying equipment available to speed up the drying process. Any outwork can be professionally restored at our drying facilities. We also have qualified carpet layers to relay your carpet back to its previous condition.
There is no single procedure for dealing with all flood damage situations. Our technicians must evaluate each flood individually.
Things to do before our emergency team arrives.
- Guard against electrocution. Do not touch any electrical devices in the flooded area until the electricity supply has been turned off.
- Stop the water by closing the water valve or leaking source.
- Remove possessions to a dry area to avoid damage.
- Contact us NOW – We will take care of everything else.
- Use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water (electrical shock may occur).
- Leave books, magazines or other coloured items on wet carpets or floors as they may stain the carpet.
- Use TVs or other household appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
- Leave wet fabrics on the floor, dry as soon as possible.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Make sure an appropriate, licenced service company has been called to eliminate the water source or make necessary repairs as required.
- Turn off circuit breakers supplying electricity to wet areas, unplug and remove any small electrical devices on wet carpet.
- Remove oriental rugs or other coloured rugs from wet wall-to-wall carpeting.
- Remove valuable paintings and art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under furniture legs.
- Hang draperies and pin up furniture skirts to prevent watermarks, dye marks.
- Make plans for our restoration crew to move large furniture to a specified dry area, if necessary.
- Gather loose items, toys etc from floors.
Immediate response to flooding saves time and money. The longer any type of water damage goes untreated the greater the damage is.
The restoration procedures are designed to eliminate moisture and stop/prevent the growth of mould and mildew.
Generally wet carpets can withstand water for up to three days, however immediate response to your wet carpet is crucial for the best outcome. In most cases different types of water will affect the decision to restore the carpet or not.