Rugs vs. Carpets: How do you Clean them?
As a matter of fact, most of the people consider both rugs and carpets, identical. But the truth is that they both are different and require a different approach when it comes to cleaning them. Although both carpets and rugs should be cleansed in every 12-18 months, each demands a distinct process of cleaning them. Moreover, if there are any accidental stains like that of pet urine, odours or spills, then they might require even more customized approach in tidying them.
In carpet cleaning, we mostly consider cleaning those that are installed wall-to-wall. While the rug cleaning is altogether a different process. Since they are movable and can be rolled up and transferred to any location to get them cleaned. However, there are multiple methods adopted by the professionals while cleaning the carpets to eliminate any kind of dirt, dust, and allergens from it. Similarly, the rug cleaning also involves a number of processes such as sanitizing, odour treatment, neutralizing and many more. To help you understand these processes and their difference in a better way below runs the explanation for both rug cleaning and carpet cleaning:
In order to maintain and increase the life span of your rugs without hampering its natural appeal and colour scheme, the team of proficient cleaners employs a strategically devised rug cleaning process. This process comprises various steps like inspecting the carpet for stains, dirt, allergens and other contaminants. The next step is of cleaning the carpet, followed by repairing the damages if any and complete the process by restoring the rugs to the condition similar to that of a new one.
However,the For instance, the area rugs are initially sanitized and treated for any odour issues caused by the pet urine. Then the rug is attended with a spray that consists of a green sanitizing agent which aims at killing any bacteria. Followed by that the rug is dipped in a neutralizing solution to seep the heavy alkaline salts in the urinated areas and allow for more thorough elimination of the residues if any. Let the rug sit with the neutralizer for a sufficient time and then rinse it. Post this process, allow it through the wringer process to extract all the standing water from it. Furthermore, this is just a part of the process to neutralize the urine odour.
To maintain rugs:
- Utilize Rug Pads-Rug Pads allow the rugs to stay safe and secured in a particular place. Therefore, rug pads are vital and a rug pad of good quality will both preserve and protect and also enhance the life span of the rug.
- Rotate Rugs-In order to prevent the rugs from getting exposed to the sunlight, rotate rugs are the perfect solution to this issue.
- Blot Spills-At times when there is any spillage or pet accident on the rugs, people usually end up either wetting the rugs or using any chemical cleaning solution to address the issue, which further leads to damaging the rug’s fibres. However, it is the wrong approach; one should simply remove the debris and blot the spill. Followed by that your rug would require a professional cleaning immediately, top avoid any permanent staining and odours.
- Clean Rugs Regularly-Despite the fact that your rugs did not meet accident of spillage or pet stains, they require professional cleaning at least once a year to eliminate any dirt and debris settled deep in the fibres. Moreover, it also addresses any damage occurred due to normal foot traffic and any wear and tear.
As discussed above, carpet cleaning mostly involves the cleaning of the carpets that are installed wall-to-wall. Although the market is stuffed with numerous, methods of cleaning the carpets, we the professional cleaners mostly resort to the hot water extraction method. This is because it is considered to be one the most effective ways of withdrawing any dust, dirt or allergens from them. In addition to that this process takes place at the location, where the carpet has been installed since it is immovable.
Besides this process, even the steam cleaning method is also effective in eliminating any dirt, grime, and allergens from your carpets. To maintain the carpets, one should follow the steps given below:
- Vacuum-the carpets should be vacuumed, twice or thrice in a week, so as to get rid of any dust or dirt.
- Steam Clean- In addition to that, the carpets should also be professionally cleaned about once a year. Since the professionals clean your carpets by using either of the steam cleaning or hot water extraction process.
We at A1 Expert Cleaning Services, are serving the people of Vancouver for a considerable time. Our experienced team of professionals is adept in understanding the needs of your rugs and carpets. A deep analysis is done by our technicians before recommending any cleaning method to you.
Our results and efficiency in the rug and carpet cleaning have helped us earn the trust of the people in Surrey. We take care of booking the appointments over the call and scheduling a time that is convenient for our clients.
Book us and feel the difference!!!